By LikeMetals | 22 October 2020 | 0 Comments
Significance of the Sanitary Sewer Covers
Utility holes are mostly installed to improve the infrastructure of the urban areas within a country. They provide access to underground sewer systems and enable workers to carry out maintenance activities without any difficulty. A simplified explanation of a manhole is that it is a vertical access point to the underground utility systems installed, usually at a junction. Apart from maintenance, it also allows for easier cleaning, inspection, and upgrading operations. These manholes are also beneficial in repairing the underground telephone lines, electricity wires, and the gas system of the area.
Construction of Maintenance HolesThe materials used for constructing manholes are extremely strong and hard, yet quite inexpensive. Here's a list of materials used for the construction of utility holes;
- Iron casts
Reasons for Installing Maintenance HolesThe primary purposes of creating maintenance holes are as follows;
- It provides the underground sewage system a sufficient amount of ventilation and prevents them from getting damaged.
- Construction of manholes enables the installation of lengthy sewer lines.
- It helps in joining multiple sewers together to benefit from an efficient drainage system. Moreover, it can help in performing activities like the alignment of sewers.
- It allows workers to remove any obstruction within the underground sewage system.
- The sewers are also inspected and cleaned accordingly through the utility holes.
Types of Utility HolesThe three types of manholes are as follows;
- Shallow: They have a depth ranging from 75 to 90cm and are mostly placed in an area with little traffic. It also has a lightweight cover, also known as the inspection chamber.
- Standard: This is a square-shaped cover placed at the sewer line and has a depth of about 150cm.
- Deep: It is a heavy corner top with a depth greater than 150cm.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked. *